Traditional chandeliers usually feature details like beautifully intricate ornate candle arms, shining crystals and handsome antique and rustic finishes. They are generally used to add a charming and handsomely gracious touch to living rooms, dining rooms and entryways.
Made of conservative colours, materials and textures, this particular style of light fixtures are perfect for spaces that are looking for something to blend with but not outshine. Inspired by European style lighting and Victorian heritage, traditional and classic chandeliers are considered to be timeless works of art and can illuminate your home in style for many years to come. Mostly used in homes and major buildings such as heritage sites.
We invite you to browse and shop our traditional and classic chandelier collection online - light up your space like no other. Every piece is deliverable Australia wide, straight to your door.
If you need any help in choosing a chandelier for your space, have any questions regarding a piece, or would like to customise a chandelier to suit your needs, please contact us.
Location: Establish a romantic setting in a bedroom or a glamorous bathroom and walk in the wardrobe. A large traditional chandelier can be a stunning and elegant centrepiece in an entrance or above a dining table. Having a traditional chandelier right above the dining table will benefit the room both practically and aesthetically. Large classic chandeliers are also used at the entrance of your home or business - since the entrance way is a visitor’s first impression of your home, memorise your visitors and make them feel welcome immediately with a beautiful traditional chandelier.
Colour: Traditional chandeliers commonly come in the following colours: brass, nickel/chrome, crystal or black colours. We have a wide selection and are sure to find the right colour in the right style.
Purpose: Traditional chandeliers work beautifully as the centre of attention in a room - they are considered as the aristocrat of the room, and will add allure and illumination to any room.
Lighting Function: Most chandeliers aren’t ideal for providing direct task lighting–most work much better to create ambient lighting due to their emphasis on diffused, non-direct light.
Style: There are many styles of traditional chandeliers to choose from.
Candle chandelier: The oldest and most classic chandelier style, and are often ornate, with scrolling arms and filigree.
Crystal chandelier: Offers a glamorous look but at a high price point. Comes in an endless variety of shapes, designs and intricate patterns.
Shaded style: Adds a sense of jazz and nuance to your space. The shades will add an element of appeal to any room in your home or office. These chandeliers come in various shapes and sizes. Choose a shaded option for your bedroom to create soft, romantic lighting.
Tiered Chandelier: Can come in multiple styles, from rustic to mid-century–it can go with any type of home décor. For each tier the fixture has, the fixture becomes larger and has more and more presence in a space. Choose a tiered option for its wow factor when it comes to light sources, whether from a high ceiling home entryway or a grand hotel lobby.
Things to Consider When Choosing the Perfect Traditional Chandelier
1. Positioning of a Chandelier
2. Installation Height: Consider how height affects style, safety and illumination
3. Brightness: The ideal lumen count for ambient lighting in a dining room–or any room–is determined by the space’s square footage. Per 10 square metres , a dining room needs about 250-400 total lumens.
4. Room Size and Chandelier Dimensions: Know your sizes. Measure your space and check the dimensions of the chandelier to ensue that you pick the right traditional chandelier that fits your space as you like it.
5. Maintenance: Caring for your traditional chandeliers should be part of your regular cleaning routine, making sure they are free of dust will ensure your lights shine as bright as they did on the day you bought them. As a general rule, do not use harsh abrasives, polishes or chemicals on any light fixture or shade. They can damage the finish. To keep it clean, dust regularly with a soft dry cloth.
6. Materials: Traditional chandeliers are typically crafted front he following materials: brass, bronze, crystals, glass, metal, nickel, chrome and other sturdy metals.
Zest Lighting offers a home delivery service Australia-wide, including Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth & Hobart. We also offer a 30-day, no-questions-asked return policy to help you choose the perfect look for your home.